Friday, August 3, 2007

Special A (manga)


When I first picked up the manga Special A, I was drawn in by its cute artwork and loveable characters. The protagonist, Hanazono Hikari, is a hot-tempered over-the-top hard-worker. Ever since being beaten at pro-wrestling by Takishima Kei, she has gone to the same prestigious school as him just to beat her rival. Even though being in the same "Special A" (aka SA) class is an extreme achievement, her #2 status doesn't suffice while Takashima is in #1. What I love about this manga is that all the characters are care-free and interesting. If you loved Ouran High School Host Club or The Wallflower (aka Perfect Girl Evolution and Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge), you'll love Special A.

I've only read through Volume 3, but I can't wait to see more!

No comments: